Slovenia – where history and nature marry
An intriguing combination of amazing history – over 900 years of it – and nature of lush green forests and crystal clear water. And all of it in a little but ohhh so delicious corner of Eastern Europe.
If you are considering traveling to Slovenia, and have an interest in exploring history, culture and nature, put the following items on your itinerary:
- Bled: the lake & Castle & Island
- Lake Bohini with medieval church (11th Century!)
- Ljubljana (history, castle, food, people, culture, everything!)
- Piran Venetian architecture – old architecture all in a tiny peninsula. Super narrow and no cars.
- Predjama Castle with Cavern, which is on a cliff with the AMAZING Skocjan Caves UNESCO World Heritage Site near by.
- Vintigar Gorge is really beautiful!
An out-of-this-world destination photoshoot is absolutely possible in a few locations that I’ve scouted. If you are interested please get in touch for a personal consultation to explore our options. Session info here. Say hello here. Share the love by telling your friends on Facebook or Instagram or however you like…
The Skocjan Caves and the park area around it, where you walk through more caves with and without waterfalls, are out of this world. Moria – from “The Lord of the Rings” – is NOTHING compared to this. Breathtaking! Photography was not allowed during our tour through the Skocjan Caves – the only very sad part about this. Otherwise, I would show you some images – or maybe a lot. 😉
Find more info about the Skocjan Caves here. Hope your summer vacation plans get some travel inspiration. 🙂
Have a great week,